These are hands-down my favorite Vegan Waffles of all time! Besides being crispy, yummy, and uber satisfying, they require only 5 ingredients and one bowl to make. NO blender needed! They are also gluten-free, sugar-free, and super healthy!!
What you need to make these awesome Vegan Waffles:
- 1 medium bowl
- 5 ingredients
- HOT water
- a spoon to stir
- a waffle iron!
Yup, that’s really all. These are that easy!
Steps to making the Best Vegan Waffles:
Grab all your ingredients and measure into a medium bowl.
Pour HOT water over all your ingredients. (If your tap water doesn’t get uncomfortably hot to the touch, put the water on the stove and pour over your ingredients when it’s just about reached a simmer.)
Stir the ingredients together until well mixed and let it rest for about 7 minutes. Heat your waffle iron (s) up during this time so you’ll be good to go! (If the temp is adjustable, turn it all the way up!)
After waiting seven minutes (or grabbing a shower!) mix the waffle batter again. The consistency will start out a little thinner but thickens as it rests longer. If it gets too thick, add just a little more water!
Spray or brush oil onto your heated waffle iron – this is only usually necessary for the first waffle. Pour about 1 cup (depending on waffle iron size) into the center of the waffle iron.
Encourage the batter to spread toward the edges a bit if needed.
Most waffle irons take at least two minutes to adequately cook these waffles. It may take up to 4 or 5 minutes. After the initial two minutes, peak to check for that golden, toasty color. If it’s lightly browned, you’re good to go!
If you’re not eating these one-by-one off the waffle iron, turn your oven on to 150 degrees and place them directly on the oven racks to help keep them warm and crispy until you serve them!
Can I freeze these Vegan Waffles?
Yes, IF you manage to have any leftovers, these waffles freeze great. Use wax or freezer paper between to avoid sticking together. When you are ready to enjoy them, just pull them out and pop them in the toaster to prep your healthy meal-on-the-go!
How Can You Eat these awesome Vegan Waffles?
Of course you can top them with traditional yummy toppings:
- nut butters
- plum jam (that beautiful red stuff in the photos!)
- vegan coconut whipped cream
But because there is no added sugar, these waffles also work great with savory stuff! Think outside the bun, eh?!
- Vegan Tofu Egg salad
- Smashed Chickpea Salad
- Waffle Bun for Smoky Veggie Burgers
- Sliced Avocado
- Waffle BLT
The sky is the limit, really. These waffles are an amazing staple!
Can I use Old-fashioned (Regular) Oats instead of Quick Oats?
No, they won’t absorb water as quickly and therefore won’t create that perfect waffle texture.
What are Quick Oats?
Quick oats are basically chopped up pieces of regular (also called rolled) oats and therefore cook/absorb water much faster than regular oats.
If you are gluten-free and normally require gluten-free regular oats, it also fairly easy to purchase gluten-free quick oats.
Don’t have quick oats on hand? Make your own quick oats by whizzing regular oats in a food process or blender for a few seconds! Then you are good to go!
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family and friends do! Drop me a note in the comments or click on the stars to let me know!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
If you’ve tried these Best Vegan Waffles or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW MEon FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Best Vegan Waffles - 5 Ingredient Gluten Free
- 3 C. Quick Oats
- 1/2 C. Cornmeal, heaping
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 T. Coconut Oil, or other oil of choice
- 2 T. Flax Seed
- 4 1/2 C. HOT water
- Measure all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Then add the HOT water and mix well (but do be careful!).
- Let it set for 7 minutes or so. Go ahead and warm up your waffle iron during this time (set heat to highest setting if there is an option)
- Spray the waffle iron (inside top and bottom) with pan spray the first time, or brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- Pour approx. 1 Cup waffle batter into center of waffle iron (depending on iron size). Spread toward edges if needed.
- Cook about 2 minutes before checking unless your iron is super fast. May need up to 4 minutes cook time depending on waffle iron.
- Done when crispy golden brown.
- Remove and enjoy!!! Yum Yum!!!
- If you’re not eating these one-by-one off the waffle iron, turn your oven on to 150 degrees and place them directly on the oven racks to help keep them warm and crispy until you serve them!
- Depending on your waffle iron size, this recipe will make about 6 waffles.
- These waffles freeze great! Just pop them in the toaster to re-warm and go!