Vegan Coconut Whip Cream is super easy and quick to make with only one bowl and three ingredients required! The taste is light, fluffy, rich and sweet! Decadently delicious while totally healthy!
Hi folks! This is my go-to Vegan Whip cream! It's SO quick, easy and healthy! Can't wait for you to try it!
Use this whipped coconut cream recipe for topping your favorite desserts (how about on top of blueberry crisp, fresh peach pie, vegan peanut butter chocolate pie, or a vegan chocolate milkshake?), or for layering in these amazing strawberry shortcake biscuits.
What you'll need to make Coconut Whip Cream:
- You'll need one can of Coconut Cream (a richer version of coconut milk) or two cans of high quality coconut milk (you'll use only the cream from the regular coconut milk as described later)
- Agave - I like this sweetener as it is more healthy and tastes neutral but powdered sugar works well also!
- Vanilla Extract - I love Vanilla plus I think this flavor makes the coconut flavor less dominant.
Related recipe: Best Vegan Cheesecake
Steps to make Coconut Whip Cream:
Start by chilling your can (or cans) of Coconut Cream or Coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Don't shake them!
Chill your mixing bowl.
Carefully open your cans of cream or coconut milk and remove only the solid cream, and place this in your bowl. (If you are using coconut cream there will be little to no reserve liquid, if using cans of coconut milk, you will have quite a bit of liquid you can save to make smoothies with later!)
Add Agave and Vanilla to the bowl.
Use your electric beaters to whip ingredients together until light and fluffy. Avoid over whipping as this can cause the whip cream to become more runny.
You know your coconut whip cream is ready when light peaks form. Usually takes about 15-30 seconds to whip.
After whipping, return your coconut whip cream to the refrigerator to stay cold until serving.
Tips for making Coconut Whip Cream:
If you over-whip and it gets thin: Don't panic!! Just put it in the refrigerator and it will become firmer in about 30 minutes or so. Fluff with a fork and serve!
Keep everything cold - the colder it all is, the better. The bowl, the cream, agave, beaters etc. Put it all in the fridge if you like!
Sweeteners - if you are looking for a whip cream that will stay a bit more solid, use powdered sugar in place of agave. It's still going to soften in the hot sun, but it will stay a bit firmer for longer.
How long will Coconut Whip Cream keep in the refrigerator:
Your Coconut Whip Cream will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. It'll become a bit more solid, so just let it sit at room temp for a few minutes before serving and fluff with a fork! Voila!
Hope you love this Easy Coconut Whip Cream as much as I do! There's a video for you to watch the process in the recipe below and I recommend the yummy Fresh Blueberry Pie in the pic above to eat it with!! Yum!! Enjoy friends!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
If you’ve tried this Vegan Coconut Whip Cream recipe or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
Vanilla-Agave Coconut Whip Cream (Vegan)
- First, chill your can of coconut cream (or cans of coconut milk) in the fridge overnight.
- An hour or so before mixing, place your mixing bowl, measured vanilla, and agave into the fridge also!
- Carefully open your coconut cans. If it’s a can of coconut cream, you’ll be using almost all of it, minus maybe a few drops of coconut liquid in the bottom of the can. If you’re using high quality full-fat coconut milk you’ll need to be careful to only get the firm white coconut fat on the top of the can. You don’t want that coconut juice for this! Save it for your smoothie or something later!
- Now add your agave nectar and vanilla extract and whip with electric beaters for a minute or two increasing speed as you go! Once it’s fluffy you’re done. Place in serving container and it’s ready to serve or return to the fridge for a few minutes to several hours, until you are ready to serve!! (It’s even great after overnight but not quite as fluffy.)