Make a large batch of these Vegan Sheet Pan Pancakes without flipping a single pancake! You will LOVE the flavor and convenience of these baked blueberry pancakes! These vegan blueberry pancakes are kid-friendly, freezable, and so easy to make.
These blueberry sheet pan pancakes are refined sugar-free and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. They come out perfectly fluffy, tasty, and juuust slightly golden brown on top. Every time.
They are a favorite in our house.
Read below and I'll teach you the trick for making the most gorgeous blueberry pancakes where the blueberries don't all sink to the bottom!
Related recipe: Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
Sheet pan pancakes
Have you ever had sheet pan pancakes? You know, baked pancakes made in the oven? We absolutely LOVE sheet pan pancakes. Here's why:
- No need to flip individual pancakes! This is my absolute favorite reason to make sheet pan pancakes!
- You can prepare the rest of the breakfast while the pancakes bake
- Super easy to make a big batch
- Great for feeding a crowd - simply double the recipe and bake two sheet pans at a time!
- Fun to cut into squares and perfect for adjusting serving size
- Just as tasty and customizable as regular pancakes - we LOVE putting blueberries into our sheet pancakes!
Psst: Got extra blueberries? Use them to make this Blueberry Vinaigrette!
Related recipe: Vegan Gluten-free Waffles
Ingredients for vegan blueberry pancakes
Of course, you can use your favorite vegan pancake recipe and simply bake it in a large baking pan. Or you can try this blueberry pancake recipe and let me know how you like it!
The ingredients for these blueberry pancakes are your standard blueberry pancake ingredients:
- 3 cups all purpose flour (or use 1.5 cups each whole wheat flour and all purpose flour - I make this substitution in most of my baked goods!)
- 3 cups plant milk (I typically use almond or soy)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (that's 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (or use agave syrup or brown sugar)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Related recipe: Savory Vegan Pancakes
You will also need:
- A 12 x 16 inch baking pan / cookie sheet pan. You can get some here on Amazon if you don't have one
- Parchment paper wide enough to cover your baking pan
Related recipe: Vegan Gluten-free Zucchini Muffins
How to make sheet pan pancakes
Making sheet pan pancakes is even easier than making regular pancakes!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 x 16 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with oil or spray with coconut oil spray. The parchment paper is key to getting the pancakes to release from the pan and be easy to slice into squares!
Step 2: Combine the apple cider vinegar and milk in a medium bowl and let it sit and thicken / curdle a bit while you grab the rest of the ingredients. This will serve as a vegan buttermilk substitute for these pancakes to help make the pancakes super fluffy after the apple cider vinegar reacts with the baking powder.
Step 3: Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Step 4: Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil to the milk mixture and stir. If using brown sugar, you can add the sugar to the wet *or* dry ingredients - it won't make a difference.
More vegan blueberry breakfast ideas: Blueberry Muffins
Step 5: Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking together until just fully combined.
Step 6: Pour the pancake batter into a 12 x16 inch sheet pan that is lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the batter, either by giving the pan a gently tap, or by smoothing it out with a spatula.
No, I did not forget the blueberries in the instructions!!
You can stir in the blueberries in Step 6 and bake the pancakes for ~20-25 minutes, or until fully baked. But if you want some of the gorgeous blueberries to float on top of baked pancakes, the trick is to let the pancake batter bake for 5 minutes, and then sprinkle the blueberries on top. This way the blueberries won't all sink into the batter.
It's totally up to you how you choose to do it. If you've got a busy morning and you know you're going to forget the darn blueberries, then just sprinkle the blueberries on top in step 6.
Step 7: Bake for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle the blueberries on top. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until fully baked and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice into squares and use a spatula to serve into individual plates.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh blueberries on top. Enjoy!
Related recipe: Vegan Scones with Strawberries and Chocolate
I hope you love these sheet pan pancakes as much as we do! And I hope you start singing the praises of baked pancakes and tell EVERYONE about this recipe! 🙂
Other vegan breakfast recipes you will love:
- Vegan Savory Oatmeal
- How to make vegan yogurt
- Vegan yogurt parfaits
- Vegan chocolate chia pudding
- Vegan cinnamon rice pudding - is rice pudding a breakfast recipe?? In our house it is sometimes!
- Vegan banana nut muffins
- Easy tofu scramble
- Buckwheat porridge
- Orange French toast
- Vegan oatmeal with winter fruit
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Vegan Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 3 cups plant milk, such as soy or almond
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups all purpose flour, (or substitute half with whole wheat flour)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder, (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted, or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, or agave syrup or brown sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 12 x 16 inch baking pan
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a 12 x 16 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray or brush with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit while you prepare the rest so it thickens a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine and set aside.
- Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil to the milk mixture and stir.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking together until fully combined.
- Pour the pancake batter into a 12 x 16 inch sheet pan that is lined with parchment paper. Give it a gently tap to smooth out the batter, or use a spatula to smooth it out.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle the blueberries on top. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until fully baked and a toothpick comes out clean. Serve with maple syrup and more blueberries on top. Enjoy!
- The parchment paper is key to ensuring your pancakes don't stick to the pan!
- The pancakes will be super fluffy if you use apple cider vinegar. The vinegar reacts with the baking powder making the batter puff and get fluffy
- If you add the blueberries before you bake the pancakes, they will sink to the bottom, that’s why you need to bake it for 5 minutes at first. If you don't want to remember to add the blueberries, just sprinkle them on the batter on the baking sheet before baking