This amazing chocolate sauce is super creamy and indulgent but takes only a couple of minutes and a handful of ingredients to make! Made with a coconut milk and cocoa powder base, this decadent topping is an all-around favorite.
Want to take your treat to the next level? Ice cream sundaes, strawberries, crepes, vegan yogurt, waffle or pancake towers, churros, brownies, or cake… it’s all begging for a drizzle of this sauce!
How to make chocolate sauce:
Start by whisking together cocoa powder, canned coconut milk, agave nectar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan (Photo #1).
Bring ingredients to a simmer for a couple of minutes to ensure all clumps have been dissolved.
Remove from heat and fold in vegan chocolate chips. (Return to heat if necessary to completely melt chocolate chips) (Photos #2 & 3).
Use chocolate sauce warm if desired or transfer to a jar or other container to chill in the refrigerator (Photo #4).
Serving tips for later:
The sauce will thicken as it cools, reaching it’s thickest consistency in about 4-6 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let the sauce rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or so to return the sauce to a more runny texture. Or, if you’re in a hurry, just place the sauce container in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes until desired thickness is reached!
Keep your chocolate sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chocolate sauce is a bit thicker and more creamy than chocolate syrup which is more runny. For a chocolate syrup consistency, other non-dairy milk can be substituted in this recipe in the place of the canned coconut milk.
Looking for more easy vegan dessert?
- Vegan chocolate chia seed pudding
- The best vegan fudgesicles
- Amazing vegan cheesecake
- Vegan key lime pie
- Cherry chocolate vegan ice cream
- Vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Vegan chocolate sauce
- Vegan chocolate milkshake
- Easy vegan caramel sauce
- Simple berry sauce
- If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and let me know how it went in the comments below – I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
Did you make this recipe? Please click on the stars to give it a rating below!
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
Whisk together and simmer:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by whisking together cocoa powder, canned coconut milk, agave nectar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Bring ingredients to a simmer for a couple of minutes to ensure all clumps have been dissolved.
- Remove from heat and fold in vegan chocolate chips. (Return to heat briefly if necessary to completely melt chocolate chips).
- Use chocolate sauce warm if desired or transfer to a jar or other container to chill in the refrigerator.