Ready for some morning nutrition ideas? Get your protein in with this delish and power-packed coconut buckwheat porridge!! It's an awesome breakfast that will give you energy for many hours!
I'm excited to be sharing this recipe as part of a blog tour celebrating the new cookbook "The High-Protein Vegan" by Ginny Kay McMeans. This power-packed (literally!) cookbook has 125 hearty plant-based recipes that'll make your mouth water! Some things I really love about this book:
- Gorgeous full-page photos for every! recipe
- Inspiring and original ideas
- Valuable educational tips
- Succinct and easy to follow instructions
- Six different chapters
- A whole chapter dedicated to making Seitan - YUM!
- Protein facts for every recipe
And you guys get a sneak peek!!
Related recipe: Vegan Savory Oatmeal
What is Buckwheat?
Buckwheat is not at all related to wheat (it's gluten-free!). Neither is it a grain or a cereal!! So what is Buckwheat? It's a seed of a flowering plant!! Ha!! It's called a pseudo-cereal! And it's all kinds of good for you, plus it's high in protein!
How to make Buckwheat porridge:
Boil water in a medium saucepan. Then whisk in buckwheat cereal, cinnamon, and salt.
Cover and cook for about 8 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Then remove from heat and add peanut butter and coconut cream.
Now that your porridge is ready, serve and garnish with dried cranberries, pecans, hempseed, and of course, Maple Syrup!!
If you are looking for a fabulous way to include buckwheat into your diet, or just looking for a healthy breakfast that will fuel your day, I encourage you to try this recipe! I loved it, and I can't wait to keep tasting my way through Ginny's cookbook!
Other vegan breakfast recipes you will love:
- Vegan winter oatmeal
- Vegan orange French toast
- Vegan sheet pan pancakes
- Vegan buttermilk pancakes
- The ultimate green smoothie
- Chocolate chia seed pudding
- Vegan gluten-free waffles
- Vegan scones with chocolate and strawberries
- Vegan banana nut muffins
If you’ve tried this Buckwheat Coconut Porridge or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Buckwheat Coconut Porridge
- 1 cup creamy buckwheat cereal
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoon raw shelled hempseed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the cereal, cinnamon, and salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir in peanut butter and coconut cream.
- Serve in two bowls and garnish with the cranberries, pecans, hempseed, and maple syrup.
I did receive a free cookbook in exchange for this cookbook review. However all opinions, conclusions, and photos are my own!!
Thanks again to Ginny McMeans and The High Protein Vegan Cookbook for sharing this recipe!
MORE RECIPES FROM THE HIGH PROTEIN VEGAN COOKBOOK
- Lemon Strawberry Protein Muffins
- Fried Tofu with Hoisin and Peanut Sauce Noodles
- A Touch of the Tropics Rice Bowl
- Lentil Energy Bites
- Three Layer Tacos with Kale Slaw
What an excellent review and I sincerely thank you. Your photos are beautiful and there is so much information. I also love that buckwheat porridge and I've been clicking around on your links too. Yum!
Thanks for all of your support.
Thank you for an awesome cookbook Ginny!! Happy to share!