Easy, tasty, and healthy, this chocolate chia seed pudding is made rich and creamy with a blended base of homemade cashew milk, banana, and cocoa powder!
Once you’ve tried it, there’s no going back!
Ingredients for chia seed pudding:
- Spotty Bananas – you can just use whatever you’ve got, but the dark spotty ‘ugly’ ones are wayyy sweeter and add that perfect no-sugar sweet taste!
- Raw cashews – blending these with the other ingredients makes a super creamy rich homemade nut milk, but you can definitely sub soaked almonds or other non-dairy milks in place of the water/cashew combination!
- Chia seeds – make sure to get whole chia seeds, not ground ones. They absorb liquid when soaked overnight and make a lovely, rich, creamy pudding texture.
- Agave syrup – this is a low-glycemic sweetener that adds more sweetness to this pudding. You can try to skip it if you want to reduce sugar, and drizzle a bit on before serving, if you prefer.
- Cacao powder – this is unsweetened cacao powder that gives this chia pudding a lovely chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla extract – this ingredient is optional, but adds a really nice depth of flavor to the pudding!
You’ll need a good blender, such as a Vitamix, to blend the cashews and the rest of the ingredients into a smooth base for your chia seed pudding.
How to make chia pudding:
Start by adding raw cashews, water, cocoa powder, banana, vanilla extract, and agave syrup to your blender (Photo #1). Blend until completely smooth!
(Essentially what you just did is make super rich, delicious, and healthy chocolate banana milk to use to make the best chia pudding ever!)
Pour the milk-mixture into an appropriate sized bowl that covers easily for refrigeration (Photo #2). Sprinkle chia seeds over the surface of the mixture (Photo #3). Use a whisk to mix everything together, to avoid chia seed clumps (Photo #4).
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight and enjoy!
How to serve chia pudding:
Can this chocolate pudding me bade nut-free?
If you don’t want to use cashews in this recipe, simply use 1 cup of your favorite plant milk instead of the cashews + water.
You might need to stir in juuust a little bit more chia seeds (a teaspoon or two) since your plant milk is a little more watery than the cashew + water mixture.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- Instant Pot vegan cinnamon rice pudding
- Vegan chocolate peanut butter pie
- Vegan key lime pie
- 2 Ingredient vegan yogurt
- Banana oat cookies
Other vegan breakfast recipes you will love:
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to rate it and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
Did you make this recipe? Please click on the stars to rate it below!!!
Chocolate Chia Seed pudding
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients except chia seeds to blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into bowl or jar suitable for refrigeration and sprinkle chia seeds over the surface. Whisk together until well distributed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.