This easy vegan granola recipe takes just a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes in total to make, but despite it's simplicity it's an all-time family and company favorite!! A breakfast staple, awesome atop smoothies, layered in parfaits, perfect snack material etc.!
What do you need to start making the best Vegan Granola?
- Old-fashioned Rolled Oats - also known as original, these flattened oats are traditional
- Nuts - 2 options of your choice, but I recommend slivered almonds as one
- Shredded coconut - just buy the fancy sweetened kind. It tastes amazing!!!
- A bit of neutral flavored oil
- Agave or Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Dried fruit - raisins, berries, and/or pineapple
The steps for making the BEST Vegan Granola:
Start by measuring out your oats, slivered almonds, chopped pecans (or other nut of choice), shredded coconut, brown sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Mix all those dry ingredients together well.
In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil and Agave (or Maple Syrup).
Pour the oil-agave mixture over the dry ingredient mixture.
Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together until the oil/agave mixture is well incorporated.
It'll look just slightly moist, but not really wet at all.
Line two baking trays with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture evenly between them.
Bake the granola at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown, stirring granola and rotating trays in the oven at least once about 8-10 minutes into baking time. After removing from the oven spread raisins and dried berries evenly over trays and allow to cool.
Do you want some crunchy clumps in your granola?
If you're like me and adore crunchy clumps in your granola, don't stir it while it's cooling!! Allow it to rest 2-3 hours or until completely cooled and then gently break up the granola as you place it into your storage container. Chunky perfection for snacking and munching!!
How long does granola keep?
This granola will easily stay fresh up to several months in an air-tight container your room temperature pantry. Just make sure it is completely cooled before attempting to store it, so that no moisture builds in the container.
How do you eat this vegan Granola?
- layer it in parfaits
- serve sprinkled over fresh thick-style smoothies
- munch the crunchy clumps
- add a little on top of cooked oatmeal to liven things up
- scatter a bit over a saucy fruit salad
- eat it with homemade vegan yogurt
- and of course, devour a bowl of it with non-dairy milk!!
Hope you all enjoy this lovely granola!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Best Vegan Waffles - GF
- Cocoa-Banana Chia Seed Pudding
- Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
- Best Vegan Egg Salad
If you’ve tried this Amazing Vegan Granola or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW MEon FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Best Company Vegan Granola
- 4 ½ C Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 C Shredded Coconut
- ¾ C Chopped Pecans
- ¾ C Slivered Almonds
- ¾ C Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- ⅓ C Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ C Agave or Maple syrup
- ½ C Raisins
- ½ C Dried Cranberries
- ½ C Dried Blueberries, or Cherries or Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure oats, coconut, pecans, almonds, brown sugar, and salt into a large mixing bowl and stir to mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk oil and agave together and then pour over dry granola mixture. Mix together until oat mixture is well-coated.
- Spread evenly over two parchment lined baking trays.
- Bake until turning slightly golden, stirring every few minutes as needed. Rotate trays at least once. Bake approx 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Sprinkle dried fruit evenly over cooling trays of granola.
- Cool on baking trays for 2-3 hours without stirring if you like a few crunch clusters.
- Place in airtight container once completely cooled.
- Total Recipe Yield: About 14 Cups
- If you're like me and adore crunchy clumps in your granola, don't stir it while it's cooling!! Allow it to rest 2-3 hours or until completely cooled and then gently break up the granola as you place it into your storage container. Chunky perfection for snacking and munching!!
- This granola will easily stay fresh up to several months in an air-tight container in your room temperature pantry. Just make sure it is completely cooled before attempting to store it, so that no moisture builds in the container.
It was so nice seeing you all again. Your cooking was superb all weekend. I will say this "good morning granola" had me going back for seconds.
Thanks Kristy! We had a blast hanging out with you guys. Libby wants her 'friend' to come back!! We'd love it if we could convince you all to move out west! 😉
You have done a fab job on this blog. It's beautiful, the pictures lovely, writing engaging! I've come back to it several times to continue my browse for yummy inspiration. I get too stuck in a rut sometimes and love trying new things. Love and miss you! OXO
Thanks Alicia! I love reading your blog on your life in Africa, too! Miss you bunches!