Easy, tasty, and healthy, this chocolate chia seed pudding is made rich and creamy with a blended base of homemade cashew milk, banana, and cocoa powder! Once you’ve tried it, there’s no going back!
- Spotty Bananas – you can just use whatever you’ve got, but the dark spotty ‘ugly’ ones are wayyy sweeter and add that perfect no-sugar sweet taste!
- Raw cashews – blending these with the other ingredients makes a super creamy rich homemade nut milk, but you can definitely sub soaked almonds or other non-dairy milks in place of the water/cashew combination!
How to make chia pudding:
Start by adding raw cashews, water, cocoa powder, banana, vanilla extract, and agave syrup to your blender (Photo #1). Blend until completely smooth!
(Essentially what you just did is make super rich, delicious, and healthy chocolate banana milk to use to make the best chia pudding ever!)
Pour the milk-mixture into an appropriate sized bowl that covers easily for refrigeration (Photo #2). Sprinkle chia seeds over the surface of the mixture (Photo #3). Use a whisk to mix everything together, to avoid chia seed clumps (Photo #4).
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight and enjoy!
How to serve chia pudding:
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- Instant Pot Vegan Cinnamon Rice Pudding
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Yogurt
- Banana Oat Cookies
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to rate it and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
Did you make this recipe? Please click on the stars to rate it below!!!
Chocolate Chia Seed pudding
- 3 Tbsp raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Add all ingredients except chia seeds to blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into bowl or jar suitable for refrigeration and sprinkle chia seeds over the surface. Whisk together until well distributed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.