Whether served hot or cold, this vegan eggnog is creamy, lightly spiced, and simply irresistible! Make this delightful dairy-free eggnog creation in you blender in 5 minutes or less!
What’s in Vegan Eggnog?
- Non-dairy milk – I love soy, but Almond Milk works great too
- Maple Syrup – any syrupy sweetener will work including date syrup or Agave
- Vanilla Extract – vanilla just makes everything better
- Spices – nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pinch of cloves
- Tumeric – for a slight yellowish tone
- Cashews – because they are a wonderful creamy nut
- Xanthan Gum – just a bit to thicken it up (completely optional)
How do you make Vegan Eggnog?
Well since vegan eggnog is dairy-free and egg-free, it’s also virtually worry-free! This vegan eggnog is made creamy with cashews and without coconut milk!
First, gather all your ingredients.
Add everything to the blender!
Pro tip: If you don’t have a high powered blender, you may want to soak cashews in HOT water for five minutes or so to soften, then drain and proceed.
Once you’ve added everything to the blender, blend on high for about two minutes or until everything is completely smooth and frothy!
How to drink vegan Eggnog:
If you like it warm and frothy (like me) be sure to use room temp non-dairy milk and drink it right away! Yum!
If you prefer cold eggnog, start with chilled non-dairy milk or refrigerate an hour or two before serving.
How long does this Vegan Eggnog keep?
Store it in your refrigerator for up to a week!
Serving Vegan Eggnog to guests?
Garnish with non-dairy whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a holiday drink with flourish!!
Whether you’re a die-hard eggnog fan, or a newbie, I hope you give this vegan eggnog recipe a whirl!! I think you’ll be surprised just how amazing homemade vegan eggnog can be!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you’ve tried this Vegan Eggnog recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to use the stars to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
- 4 cups non-dairy milk, my favorite is soy
- 1/3 cup raw cashew pieces
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup, or agave or date syrup
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum, (optional)
- 1/8 tsp tumeric
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth!
- Enjoy immediately or chill for several hours before serving. Can also be served warm!
- Serve with a swirl of vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!