This Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe is so simple and tasty yet completely refined sugar-free! Sweetened with agave and loaded with fresh berries, it’s your quick and easy recipe for NO-bake guilt-free summer pie bliss!
I’m definitely divulging a family-farm secret here, folks! Yikes!!! But this quick and easy blueberry pie recipe is just too good tasting and too healthy not to share!!
What you’ll need to get started making Easy Blueberry pie!
- Blueberries – you need fresh for layering, but the 1.5 cup for the glaze can be frozen
- Lemon Juice – this just makes the blueberry taste pop
- Cornstarch – this is my thickener of choice for this recipe though I’ve tried others. See note later.
- Agave – I like using this non-refined sweetener to make it entirely guilt free but granulated sugar works also
- Water – hope you’ve got that!!
- An empty prepared crust. Flour or Graham cracker are both great choices!
The Steps to Make Easy Blueberry Pie Filling:
Gather your ingredients for the glaze. (Photo 1)
Whisk water, cornstarch, lemon juice and agave together. (Photo 2,3)
Add fresh blueberries to the pot and smash with a fork or potato masher. (Photo 4)
Whisk continuously over medium heat until thickened. (Photo 5)
Let your prepared crust and glaze mixture cool for at least ten minutes or until about room temp. (Photo 6)
Add small amount of glaze onto the pie crust. (Photo 7) Then add a layer of fresh blueberries. Add more glaze, then more berries, then more glaze, ending with a pretty layer of fresh blueberries on top. (Press them in slightly.) (Photo 8).
Chill for about two hours or until mixture is fully set and serve!!
For no-Cornstarch pie filling:
If you prefer a no-cornstarch pie filling, substitute arrowroot for the cornstarch but increase amount by one tablespoon. The texture won’t be quite the same, but if you need to avoid Cornstarch (like my mom) it’s a pretty comparable option!
How to store fresh blueberry pie:
Store your fresh blueberry pie in the refrigerator. It’ll be fine at room temp awhile before serving but the coolness of the fridge preserves the texture and it’s SO refreshing!
How long will fresh blueberry pie last:
Your fresh blueberry pie will last 1-2 days in pristine condition. After that, the fresh berries can begin to deteriorate and it won’t look quite as pretty! But I doubt you’ll be able to keep it around that long anyway!
Get ready to take a bite! Just look at that wholesome goodness! Rich in antioxidants and full of fiber, blueberries are just SO SO healthy for you!
You might also enjoy:
- REAL Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia Drink
- Ginger-Lemon Tahini Dressing with Chopped Salad & Tofu Strips
If you’ve tried this Easy Blueberry Pie recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below; I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Fresh Blueberry Pie
- 1.5 cup Blueberries Frozen is fine for this part
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice Fresh squeezed
- 4.5 tbsp Cornstarch
Save for layering
- 3 cups Blueberries Fresh is a MUST for this part!
- Gather your ingredients for the glaze.
- In a medium sized pot whisk water, cornstarch, lemon juice and agave together.
- Now add fresh blueberries to the pot and smash with a fork or potato masher.
- Whisk continuously over medium heat until thickened.
- Let your crust of choice and glaze mixture cool for at least ten minutes or until about room temp.
- Add small amount of glaze onto the pie crust. Then add a layer of fresh blueberries. Add more glaze, then more berries, then more glaze, ending with a pretty layer of fresh blueberries on top. (Press them in slightly with your fingertips.)
- Chill for about two hours or until mixture is fully set and serve!!