Gather some Lemons, Sweet Strawberries, Agave Nectar, and Chia seeds so you can create and enjoy this refreshing Strawberry-Lemonade Chia drink in just a few minutes!! Truly feels like Summer in a cup!
My daughter has been begging me to make lemonade for weeks! Here on the blueberry farm, we get lots of seasonal traffic and though we aren’t in berry-picking season yet, she’s got LOTS of entrepreneurial plans. Those plans include selling Lemonade to our pickers. And NOW it includes selling Strawberry-Lemonade Chia Drink. She’s sure it’ll sell like crazy. I kinda agree with her.
But you don’t have to buy it and you don’t have to wait!!
- Fresh Lemons – probably 2-3 but if they’re small make sure to get extra!
- Fresh Strawberries – 8-10
- Chia Seeds
- Agave or a smilar syrupy sweetener
Oh, and water! But that’s it, and you’re ready to go.
Start by soaking your chia seeds in 1 Cup water. By the time you are ready to add them to the mix, they’ll be fine ( we’re talking around 10 minutes). Gently stir them a bit so they don’t all try to clump together. (Photo 1)
Go ahead and juice your lemons, measuring out about 1/2 cup. Save aside (Photos 2,3).
Rinse and cap strawberries and place in blender with one cup of water. Blend until pureed and then pour through a fine mesh strainer to get the majority of pulp out (Photos 4, 5, 6).
Add fresh squeezed lemon juice, agave, strained strawberry puree, and remaining water back into blender and whiz lightly to mix. (Photo 7). After pouring into serving pitcher, add soaked Chia seeds and mix gently before serving! (Photos 8,9).
Tip: Chia seeds tend to settle, so be sure to give a quick mix before serving!
(IF you don’t mind a little strawberry pulp, skip the straining step for a slightly less clear, but still just-as-yummy chia drink! The pic below is with pulp!)
Now YOU can feel all posh with your new healthy and tasty Chia drink! Hope you love it!!
IF you like this post you might also be interested in:
- THE ULTIMATE GREEN SMOOTHIE (HOW TO HIDE THE GREEN TASTE!)
- Cocoa – Banana Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 Easy Ways to Make the Best Vegan Yogurt
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Lemonade Chia Drink recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Strawberry Lemonade Chia Drink
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds soaked in 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 8 Strawberries (approx 2 Cups) blended with 1 cup water
- 2 cups Water (This is in addition to the water added for blending strawberries and soaking Chia Seeds)
- 3 tbsp Agave Nectar
- First, mix your chia seeds in a cup of water and set aside to soak while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Squeeze Lemons to equal 1/2 cup lemon juice and set aside.
- Rinse and cap strawberries and place in blender with 1 cup of water. Blend to puree, and then pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove bulk of the pulp.
- Return strained strawberry pulp to blender and add 2 cups water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and agave nectar. Blend briefly to mix well.
- Pour Blender mixture into serving pitcher and mix in chia seed mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy!