This quick and easy virgin pina colada recipe is not only a delicious and refreshing drink, but healthy too!! No need to prep ahead, sweetener is optional, and it is completely vegan thanks to coconut milk! Just blend and drink!
How to make Virgin Pina Colada:
Pour one 20 oz can of pineapple chunks with their juice into a blender (Photo 1).
Next, add one can of coconut milk and the freshly squeezed juice of an orange and a lemon (Photos 2 & 3). Add sweetener if desired. Blend until completely smooth.
Now add the ice and pulse until all large chunks are broken up (Photo 4).
Pour into glasses and serve immediately with a garnish of fresh pineapple or cherries if you like!
Can I substitute fresh pineapple in place of canned?
Definitely! Use 2 1/2 cups fresh pineapple to replace the canned pineapple. Depending on the ripeness/sweetness of your pineapple, you may find that you need a bit more sweetener when using fresh pineapple.
Why use canned coconut milk?
Canned coconut milk is thicker and richer than the kind you buy in a jug. It makes a creamy, dreamy pina colada drink that I think you’ll absolutely love!
Can I make this Virgin Pina Colada drink into a smoothie?
If you’d like to try a smoothie-style pina colada as opposed to a cool drink, go ahead and replace the canned pineapple with 2 and 1/2 cups frozen chunks of pineapple and omit the ice! Add the canned coconut milk slowly until everything blends nice and smooth and reaches your desired consistency! Done!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia Drink
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Vegan Avocado Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
If you’ve tried this Virgin Pina Colada or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Virgin Pina Colada
- 1 20 oz canned pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 18 oz canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice takes about 1 orange
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice takes about 1 lemon
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2 tbsp organic sugar or agave syrup optional
- Pour one 20 oz can of pineapple chunks with it's juice into a blender.
- Next, add one can of coconut milk and the freshly squeezed juice of two oranges and one lemon. Add sweetener if desired. Blend until completely smooth.
- Now add the ice and pulse until all large chunks are broken up. Pour into glasses and serve immediately with a garnish of fresh pineapple or cherries if you like!Total Yeild is about 6 cups.