Make your own delicious homemade vegan Worcestershire sauce as a part of this vegan chex mix recipe!! This vegan Chex mix is slightly tangy, a tiny bit spicy, and totally irresistible to everyone – kids and adults alike!!
Nothing says, ‘It’s party time!’ like Chex Mix!! A favorite with young and old, this vegan Chex Mix recreates the traditional recipe without regular Worcestershire sauce!! Instead, you can recreate your favorite mix with a few simple ingredients probably already in your pantry!!
This Chex Mix is great for snacking (so addictive!) and would also make a great addition to a vegan charcuterie board!
How to make Vegan Chex Mix:
First, gather your favorite mixed nuts and dry cereals (not sweet!), and then use my ratios in the recipe as a guide. I use:
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
- Shredded Wheat
- Mixed nuts
- Bagel Chips or Pita chips
In a small bowl mix together your seasonings, oil, and other ingredients to create your own Vegan Worcestershire flavored sauce!
Whisk your seasoning sauce for the Chex mix together one more time before pouring over the dry Chex mix ingredients.
Mix with a spoon or your hands until everything is well coated.
Spread Chex mix evenly onto two parchment lined baking or roasting pans. Bake at 250 degrees for approximately one hour, stirring/rotating trays every 15 minutes.
You can taste it as soon as it’s cool enough!! Let the rest of it stay on the trays for several hours until completely cooled. Then store in an air-tight container for up to several weeks – if you can make it last that long!!
Can you make Vegan Chex Mix without an oven?
Yes, you can make vegan Chex Mix in the microwave. I recommend microwaving only half of the recipe at a time. Use a large, uncovered, microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stopping every two minutes to stir. Cool on trays or paper towels and then store in an airtight container for up to several weeks!
Why make this vegan Chex mix without margarine or butter?
I didn’t use butter since I was going for a vegan Chex Mix recipe. You could sub margarine (such as Earth Balance) in place of the oil, and just cut back on the salt by 1/4-1/2 teaspoon. Oil is cheapest, and since I’m frugal, it’s my top choice!!
Can’t wait for you all to try this! Happy munching and Happy Holidays!!
By the way, this chex mix would be amazing as part of a vegan appetizer tray – see my tips and ideas for a vegan charcuterie board!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Chocolate popcorn balls
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Pepper Jack Cheese
- Epic Vegan Jerky
- Easy Buttermilk Vegan Biscuits!
If you’ve tried this Vegan Chex Mix or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to use the stars to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Vegan Chex Mix
The Chex Mix Sauce
Dry Chex Mix Ingredients
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 3 Cups Corn Chex
- 3 Cups Crispex
- 2 Cups Cheerios
- 2 Cups Pretzels
- 1 Cup Mini Wheats (broken in half)
- 1 Cup Bagel Chips
- 2 Cups Deluxe Mixed Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. (Microwave instructions in notes below).
- Prepare two baking trays or two large roasting pans by lining with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil and seasonings for Chex Mix Sauce.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry Ingredients
- Now whisk your sauce mixture again just before pouring over the dry mix. Mix everything together with a spoon or your hands until all ingredients well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on baking trays. Bake for close to an hour, stirring every fifteen minutes!! You’re done!!
- Let it cool, then store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.