I will not lie. Chex mix is very easy. It is super tasty. And it is wildly POPULAR at my house. 😉 I feel like I’m getting mobbed by the kids the whole time I’m making this. You would think I was decorating cookies or something!! I’ve also never been to a party where it wasn’t a hit. The beauty of Chex mix is that there is something in it for everyone…my daughter loves the pretzels, my son begs for the bagel chips, my husband goes for the chex…and of course I love the nuts!! So what makes this particular chex mix recipe the best? That’s what I’m about to tell you!!! 😉
So, the best thing about this mix (besides that it’s vegan and tastes super-duper great) is that the ingredients aren’t hard to find. Although I love vegan Worcestershire sauce and use it at times in my recipes, like Ultra Creamy Vegan Stroganoff, and Vegan Italian Sausage, I wanted to make a recipe where you would get all that flavor without any specialty ingredients. Just using stuff most vegans have in their kitchen!! I think I’ve achieved that, and I’m pretty stoked about it!!! 😉
Making Chex mix just kinda gets me into the holiday mood too, you know??!!! I had SO much fun taking pictures of this! My kids were totally helpful, too. I just love seeing my daughter’s hands in the picture above and my toddler helps out in the video at the end… 😉
If you peeked at the ingredient list, you probably notice I didn’t use margarine. It’s not because I don’t like margarine (truthfully, I’m kinda addicted to it) but because I’m cheap!! Yup there it is!! My vegan margarine tub disappears fast enough as it is without using most of it in my Chex mix! And the great part is that I promise you won’t even miss it – thanks to my good friend Nutritional Yeast Flakes!! Yes, these add a great buttery and cheesy flavor while being really great for you, to boot! If you don’t have these in your vegan pantry you really need to add them because they are pretty much a vegan staple – and they’re widely available in the health food section or bulk section of most grocery stores!
Well folks, I think that about does it! I hope you enjoy making this! Leave me a note if you do or tag me on instagram @theveganblueberry . Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Vegan Chex Mix
The all-time favorite baked Chex Mix made Vegan! Better than the original!
The Chex Mix Sauce
- 2 T. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 3 T. Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Mustard I used yellow - dijon would work too.
- 1/4 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 C. + 2 T. Vegetable or Canola Oil
Dry Chex Mix Ingredients
- 4 C. Rice Chex
- 4 C. Corn Chex
- 4 C. Crispex
- 2 C. Cheerios
- 2 C. Pretzels
- 2 C. Mini Wheats (broke mine in half)
- 1 C. Bagel Chips
- 2 C. Deluxe Mixed Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Prepare two baking trays or two large roasting pans by lining with parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk together oil and seasonings for Chex Mix Sauce.
In a very large bowl ???? Mix together the Dry Chex Mix Ingredients
- Now whisk your sauce mixture again just before pouring over the dry mix. Mix everything together with spoon or your hands very well. You really want some sauce on most of the dry ingredients so keep at it until everything is well coated.
- Pour the mixture onto your baking trays or roasting pans and bake for close to an hour, stirring every fifteen minutes!! You’re done!! Try to keep everyone from picking out their favorites before you get a chance to serve it!!!
Yields: Around 21 cups