Whether served hot or cold, this vegan eggnog is creamy, lightly spiced, and simply irresistible! Make this delightful dairy-free eggnog creation in you blender in less than 5 minutes!
This egg-free, dairy-free eggnog is the perfect plant based holiday drink, no matter how you enjoy it – hot or iced. And it’s totally up to you whether you want to spike a little something something in it or keep it kid-friendly.
By the way, if you’re looking for more holiday inspiration, check out my favorite vegan holiday recipes!
What’s in vegan eggnog?
- Non-dairy milk – I love coconut milk, but almond milk works great too for non dairy eggnog
- Maple Syrup – any syrupy sweetener will work including date syrup or Agave
- Vanilla Extract – vanilla just makes everything better (or use a pinch of vanilla bean powder if you don’t want any alcohol)
- Spices – nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pinch of cloves
- Turmeric – for a slight yellowish tone (optional, but this stuff is loaded with antioxidants so I love using it!)
- Cashews – because they are a wonderful creamy nut. Want to make vegan eggnog without cashews? Skip them! It won’t be as thick, so I would recommend definitely using xantham gum to thicken it up, and perhaps using canned coconut milk because it is a little richer than almond milk
- Xanthan Gum – just a bit to thicken it up (completely optional)
How do you make vegan eggnog?
First, gather all your ingredients. As you can see, this is a raw vegan eggnog – no need to cook anything!
Add everything to the blender!
Once you’ve added everything to the blender, blend on high for about two minutes or until everything is completely smooth and frothy!
How to drink vegan eggnog:
If you like it warm and frothy (like me) be sure to use room temp or warm non-dairy milk and drink it right away to keep all the froth from the blender! Yum!
If you prefer cold eggnog, start with chilled non-dairy milk or refrigerate an hour or two before serving.
How long does this vegan eggnog keep?
Store it in your refrigerator for up to a week! This is great news if you want to make it in advance of your holiday party.
Serving vegan eggnog to guests?
Garnish with non-dairy whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a holiday drink with flourish!!
Whether you’re a die-hard eggnog fan, or a newbie, I hope you give this vegan eggnog recipe a whirl!! I think you’ll be surprised just how amazing homemade vegan eggnog can be!
Other vegan holiday recipes and drinks you will love:
If you’ve tried this Vegan Eggnog recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to use the stars to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
- 4 cups non-dairy milk, such as almond or coconut (see notes for making warm eggnog)
- ⅓ cup raw cashew pieces
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup, or agave or date syrup, to taste
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract, to taste (or use vanilla bean powder
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum, (optional)
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth! Enjoy immediately or chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve with a swirl of vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!