Chewy, rich and slightly gooey, these vegan avocado brownies are your sweet dreams come true! Whip up a batch of these in minutes and enjoy all the healthy decadence you could ever imagine!
I LOVE vegan brownies, but traditionally, brownies are not very healthy. Eggs, lotsa oil, sugar etc…. Enter our best friend the avocado, and the wonders of healthy fats! These vegan brownies are still not oil free or sugar free, but they are ‘healthier’ and I feel like I can indulge in their chocolatey richness without too much guilt!
How to make Vegan Avocado Brownies:
- Mix up a flax seed egg (1 Tbsp flax seed meal + 3 Tbsp water) and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. (Photos 1 & 2).
- Cut/smash in the avocado into the dry ingredients with a fork (Photo 3 & 4).
- Melt and stir maple syrup, coconut oil, and vegan chocolate chips together on the stovetop or in the microwave (30 sec-1min in microwave) (Photo 5).
- Add melted mixture and flax seed egg to dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients well incorporated. (Photo 6 & 7).
- Line 8 X 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and gently press brownie batter into it. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on the top for effect! (Photo 8.) Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Expert baking tip:
Be careful not to over-bake your brownies especially if you like them a bit moist! These brownies get a nice light crust on top but are fudgy, gooey wonders on the inside! The best of both worlds in my book!
These vegan brownies are delicious warm out of the oven, but almost even better a day later after resting in a covered container on the counter.
You can keep these brownies in a covered container on the counter for a few days, and up to a week in the refrigerator. Still have some left? Try wrapping them up and freezing them individually for a lunchbox treat down the road!
If you love chopped nuts in your brownies, add 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (or other nuts!) to your dry mixture just after you cut in the avocado!
Can I replace the Avocado with something else?
Are you out of ripe avocado and want to make these brownies RIGHT now?!! I totally hear you. No need to worry, just double the coconut oil and leave out the avocado! Or, try replacing the avocado with smashed ripe banana instead (adds a light banana flavor!).
Other delicious vegan desserts:
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Amazing Vegan Cheesecake
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
If you’ve tried these Vegan Avocado Brownies or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Vegan Avocado Brownies
Flax egg mixture
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup avocado smashed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil refined for no coconut flavor, or unrefined for hint of coconut flavor
- Creat flax egg by mixing together flax seed meal and cold water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Cut/smash the avocado into the dry ingredients with a fork until pieces are very small.
- Melt and stir maple syrup, coconut oil, and vegan chocolate chips together on the stovetop or in the microwave (30 sec-1min in microwave).
- Add melted mixture and flax seed egg to dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients well incorporated.
- Line 8 X 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and gently press brownie batter into it. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on the top for effect!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Enjoy!