These easy no-bake vegan coconut balls are absolutely irresistible coconut bliss! Made with unsweetened shredded coconut, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and nut butter this healthy recipe will make you ready for any dessert emergency!
These vegan coconut balls are super fun and festive and would make a great sweet addition to a holiday dessert tray or even a vegan charcuterie board!
How to make Vegan Coconut Balls:
In a small mixing bowl whisk together nut butter, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla and coconut extract, and agave nectar. (Photos 1 & 2).
Add unsweetened shredded coconut and mix well (Photo 3). Chill mixture in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to make ball formation easier… (or just go for it if you’re impatient like me!)
Form into balls about the size of 1 tablespoon and place on parchment paper on a plate or tray that will fit in your freezer (Photo 4). Freeze for 5-10 minutes and then roll in more shredded coconut if desired (Photo 5)! Return to the freezer for another 20 minutes or until firm (Photo 6).
How to store Coconut Balls:
Store the coconut balls in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to two months! I prefer to keep them in the freezer and remove them just before eating! Such a delightful and healthy treat!
I use finely shredded unsweetened dried coconut in this recipe. You can see in the photos how small the pieces are. If you are unable to obtain this kind of shredded coconut, no worries. You can buy the larger dried coconut flakes, and just pulse them in your blender or food processor until you achieve the finer texture – the balls will not form easily with large pieces of coconut.
Two tablespoons of the coconut oil can be substituted with the same amount of canned coconut milk for a slightly softer and lower fat version!
I hope you enjoy these yummy vegan coconut balls as much as my family and friends do!
Other vegan desserts and snacks you will love:
- Fabulous vegan fruit pizza
- Vegan chocolate popcorn balls
- Chocolate dates
- Spicy seasoned pretzels
- Vegan chex mix
- Vegan eggnog
- Vegan fudgesicles
- Cherry chocolate vegan ice cream
- Amazing vegan cheesecake
- Vegan key lime pie
If you’ve tried these Vegan Coconut Balls or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Vegan Coconut Balls
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together nut butter, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla and coconut extract, and agave nectar.
- Add unsweetened shredded coconut and mix well. Chill mixture in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to make ball formation easier... (or just go for it if you're impatient like me!)
- Form into balls about the size of 1 tablespoon and place on parchment paper on a plate or tray that will fit in your freezer. Freeze for 5-10 minutes and then roll in more shredded coconut if desired! Return to the freezer for another 20 minutes or until firm.