We all know that greens are good for us, but eating enough on a daily basis can be a real struggle…(chomp, chomp, chew, chew). Leafy greens supply our bodies with many essential vitamins and minerals, and are known to help prevent cancer and a host of other illnesses. This Green Smoothie is a delightfully camouflaged method of rapidly downing your greens (along with plenty of other goodness) in such a way that your tastebuds (and kids!) will thank you!
This Green Smoothie is a fabulous daily routine in our family, loved by both parents and kids!
This green smoothie is highly customizable, as most smoothies are, but the real secret of hiding the ‘green’ taste is the canned pineapple with it’s juice! You definitely won’t want to leave that out!
What’s in a Green Smoothie?
- Greens combo –several large handfuls of fresh spinach or spinach and kale mixture
- Flax Seeds – or flaxseed meal
- Almonds and water or almond milk
- Bananas – fresh or frozen
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen
- Canned Pineapple w/it’s juice
- Lemon juice – fresh squeezed (optional)
Steps to making the Ultimate Green Smoothie:
Gather the green smoothie ingredients together.
If you’re using raw almonds (rather than store bought almond milk) you may want to start by blending the flax seeds, almonds, and water together.
Now you’ve created your own almond-flax-seed milk.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender! And blend!
Just look at all that glorious nutrition! !!
Can I make my green smoothie a day ahead?
If you’d like to make your green smoothie a day ahead, be sure to go light on the flax seeds, as they will tend to thicken your smoothie over time.
Pro cooking tip: If you have a high power blender such as a Blendtec, you should be able to add everything to your blender at once without pre-blending the almonds, flax-seed, and water.
I recommend that at least one or two of your smoothie ingredients be frozen or chilled if your prefer a cool green smoothie – I certainly do!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Vegan Virgin Pina Colada with Coconut Milk
- Best Vegan Waffles – GF
- Cocoa-Banana Chia Seed Pudding
- Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
- Best Vegan Egg Salad
If you’ve tried this Ultimate Green Smoothie or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keeping busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
The Ultimate Green Smoothie
- 1 cup Almond Milk, or 1 Cup water and scant 1/4 Cup Raw Almonds
- 2 tsp Flax Seeds, or flax seed meal
- 2 cups Fresh spinach/kale/power greens mix, packed
- 1 Apple, cored and seeded
- 1 Banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Canned Pineapple, in pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- If you are opting to use almonds and water instead of pre-made almond milk, start by blending your nuts, flax seeds, and water together until a smooth, creamy milk is formed.
- Then pile in the rest of your ingredients. Spinach and kale, canned pineapple, blueberries, banana, apple, and fresh lemon juice.
- Blend it all until you are satisfied that all those greens are liquified and then drink up the goodness!!!
- Your greens incognito are going to make you feel fantastic!! (Yields about 3 Cups)