This hot Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is ultra creamy, savory, and a popular appetizer, party dip, or bread spread! Quick and easy to make, this cashew-based dip is sure to be a favorite.
How do you make Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip?
- nutritional yeast flakes
- cornstarch (or flour)
- onion powder, dried dill weed, crushed red pepper
- lemon juice
- a garlic clove
- Veganaise (or other vegan mayo)
- frozen chopped spinach
- canned artichoke hearts
Putting it all together is quite simple!
What are the steps to make this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe?
First, place rinsed or soaked cashews, nutritional yeast flakes, cornstarch, onion powder, lemon juice, garlic, salt, vegan mayo, and water into the blender. Blend until smooth to create flavored cashew cream.
Take frozen spinach and thaw in microwave or in hot water if not already room temp. Empty package contents and press/squeeze well in a colander to remove all moisture.
Expert Cooking tip:
Removing the moisture from the spinach is essential to prevent the greenish juice from coloring the dip.
Once spinach is thoroughly pressed and artichoke hearts are sliced thinly, pour blended cashew cream sauce over them.
Add dried dill and crushed red pepper and mix everything together.
Make sure to avoid any spinach clumps.
Pour the mixture into a 8×8 (or equivalent) baking dish. Shred some of my favorite fresh Vegan Mozzarella over if desired.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
Can this vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip be served hot or cold?
Hot or cold, this spinach artichoke dip is a winner. It does need to be baked initially to allow the cornstarch or flour to act as the thickening agent, but from there it’s up to you! As is to be expected it is thinner when it is hot, and thickens a bit as it cools.
Don’t have a Vitamix or other high-powered blender?
No problem. Just be sure to soak the cashews for at least 5 minutes in hot water before blending, and blend just the cashews and garlic clove with just one cup of water until smooth. Then stop and add the remaining water and other ingredients and whiz once more. Follow remaining steps.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
If you’ve tried this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Cashews
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch You can use flour if you prefer
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Vegan mayo
- 1 garlic clove
- 13.75 oz Canned Artichoke Hearts Sliced thin & drained well
- 10 oz Package frozen chopped spinach thawed and pressed and drained well
- 1/2 tsp Dried dill
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend first 8 ingredients until completely smooth.
- Press and drain thawed spinach well. Thinly slice artichoke hearts.
- Pour cashew cream sauce over spinach and artichokes in a medium size bowl. Add dried dill and crushed red pepper and mix well. Avoid any spinach clumps.
- Pour into 8X8 baking dish and bake at 375 for approx 30 minutes or until warm and bubbly!
- Serve hot with crackers, veggies, or bread, or chill to serve cold later! Enjoy!