Making your own vegan mayo is absolutely fun with this irresistible and easy recipe! All you need is a blender, a few ingredients, and five minutes of your time! This homemade vegan mayonnaise is so thick, creamy, and delicious (and cheap!) that you’ll never want to buy store-bought versions again! Make it and store it all in one Mason Jar!
Recipes that use vegan mayo
You’re going to want to learn how to make vegan mayo to make any of these delicious recipes:
- Vegan Mexican pasta salad
- Vegan creamy avocado sauce for these lentil burgers
- Classic vegan chicken salad
- Vegan manicotti
- Vegan corn chowder
- Vegan Caesar dressing
- Vegan egg salad
- Vegan chickpea salad
You get the idea – this stuff is GREAT for vegan cooking!!
What ingredients do I need to make Vegan Mayo?
- Soymilk – plain, unsweetened. I like to use WestSoy or TraderJoe’s brand.
- Oil – a neutral flavored oil such as Canola, Vegetable, Sunflower, or Avocado oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – you can also sub fresh lemon juice.
- Salt – yup, salt is a must!
Optional Ingredients include:
- Kala Namak (otherwise known as ‘Black Salt’) – this contributes a naturally wonderful ‘eggy’ flavor!
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes – just a bit of this really adds richness.
- Yellow Mustard – this does wonders for the flavor!
- Sugar – if you like a sweeter mayo, def add a tsp of organic sugar!
How to Make Vegan Mayo:
First gather all your ingredients.
Expert cooking tips:
Make sure your oil and soy milk are both room temp for the best results!
You can use either a traditional blender or a stick/immersion blender to make this recipe. My absolute favorite is to use a stick blender and make the mayo in a quart mason jar, and then I use that same jar to store the mayo! No extra dishes! Ha!
Add all ingredients EXCEPT the oil to your mason jar or blender base, and briefly blend. Then begin slowly pouring oil into milk mixture while blending on medium speed. The slower you pour the better! It should take 3-4 minutes to pour the oil in.
Once the mayo has reached your desired thickness (this will happen all at once near or at the end of pouring the oil), stop pouring, stop blending, and you are done! Your vegan mayo will thicken slightly more in the refrigerator! And oh, isn’t it just beautiful?!
I simply cannot get over the amazing texture and taste of this vegan mayo! I could put it on just about everything – vegan burgers, veggies, fries, etc.! It’s the perfect match for my Vegan Egg Salad and equally awesome in Vegan Chickpea Salad!
Do I need a Hand Blender to make this Vegan Mayo?
You can certainly make this vegan mayo recipe in a traditional blender. However, I have to say, I absolutely love this little immersion blender!
Not only does it make great mayo in a mason jar (thus eliminating an extra dish, ha!) but it also works great to cream soups and sauces in the pot or pan they are made in!
How long is Vegan Mayo good for?
This vegan mayo should keep in your refrigerator for about a month. It will separate slightly over time, but just give it a quick stir and you’re good to go!
Is Vegan Mayo healthy for you?
This Vegan Mayo recipe is ‘healthier’ than traditional mayonnaise because it cholesterol free and has 1/3 to 1/2 fewer calories than most store bought brands of vegan mayo. However, I still wouldn’t describe it as healthy because of significant oil content. So I try to enjoy it only occasionally and in moderation!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES:
- Real Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Best Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Best Tofu Egg Salad
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
If you’ve tried this Easy Vegan Mayo or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Best Vegan Mayo
- First gather all your ingredients.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the oil to your mason jar or blender base, and briefly blend.
- While blending (on medium speed for traditional blenders) begin slowly pouring oil into milk mixture (The slower you pour the better! It should take 3-4 minutes to pour the oil in.)
- Once the mayo has reached your desired thickness (this will happen all at once near or at the end of pouring the oil), stop pouring oil, stop blending, and you are done! Your vegan mayo will thicken slightly more in the refrigerator!
- Your vegan mayo will last about 4 weeks in the refrigerator.