This creamy Mexican-style Vegan Caesar Dressing is created from cilantro, roasted pumpkin seeds, canned green chilis, nutritional yeast flakes, and a few other simple ingredients - in your blender! This is a vegan rendition of the famous El Torito roasted pepita Caesar dressing.
You'll want to eat loads of this south-of-the-border take on vegan Caesar dressing over fresh chopped romaine and pour any extra dressing on tacos, enchiladas, etc.!
Aside from classic Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, I sometimes use this dressing for my creamy vegan avocado salad boats!
What's in Mexican-style Vegan Caesar dressing?
- roasted pumpkin seeds - roast/toast them yourself on top of the stove!
- vegan mayo (that's my own homemade recipe), or use store-bought, such as Chosen Vegan Mayo
- a garlic clove
- red wine vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- nutritional yeast flakes
- canned fire roasted diced green chilies
Related recipe: Vegan Blueberry Vinaigrette
How to make Vegan Caesar dressing:
Start by toasting your pumpkin seeds (pepitas) in a frying pan over medium heat. When they turn a little brown and start popping, you know you're done!
Add diced green chilis, vegan mayonnaise, garlic, roasted pumpkin seeds, salt, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, water, cashews, cilantro, nutritional yeast flakes to the blender. And blend!!
Pro cooking tip:
If it doesn't blend completely smooth, don't worry. A little bit of that chopped nuttiness just adds to the caesar appeal!
Pour it into your favorite dressing container, and store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
This recipe makes about two cups of the most fabulous Mexican vegan Caesar dressing you've ever tasted!
Ways to eat this Mexican-style vegan Caesar Dressing:
- make vegan Caesar Salad
- drizzle over tacos
- spoon into your veggie burritos
- garnish your enchiladas
- dress-up your avocado and sprout sandwich
- add to your list of taco salad toppings
What toppings should I put on my Mexican Vegan Caesar Salad?
- Vegan Parmesan - DEFINITELY this!!! Makes it over-the-top amazing!
- shredded carrots
- more toasted pumpkin seeds
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Easy Vegan Tamales
- Real Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Perfect Vegan Pesto
If you’ve tried this Vegan Caesar Dressing or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Mexican Vegan Caesar Salad
- Toast pumpkin seeds in an empty frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently. When lightly browned and beginning to pop, remove from heat. Set aside garnish amount.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until all or mostly smooth.
- Use desired amount over fresh chopped romaine or lettuce/kale combination. Garnish liberally with Vegan Parmesan, toasted pumpkin seeds, croutons, and shredded carrots! Enjoy!!