These vegan Chocolate Gingersnap Bars are just what you need in your life right now! All the flavor and decadence of the holidays without refined sugar, gluten or dairy! Hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, and pecans combine with dates, coconut oil, and cacao powder to fuel your body and delight your tastebuds!
Super excited to share this vegan chocolate gingersnap nut bar recipe with you today! However, this recipe actually isn't mine - I'm sharing it with permission as part of The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook review (you can click on the cookbook photo to learn more about it):
What I love about this cookbook:
- There's a ton of recipes 600+
- With 7 authors there's a lot of expertise represented here
- 80 full color photos divided in two sections
- Recipes are labeled with handy food allergy identifiers
- There's a whole chapter dedicated to 30 min or less
- Great organization
- Clear recipe instruction
- It's all at my fingertips
- It inspires me to cook (a.k.a makes me drool!)
What I wish for the cookbook:
- Of course I'd love if there was a photo of every recipe right next to the recipe. But for this many recipes that would look like a massive 5 inch encyclopedia - not exactly friendly for hauling out to cook with!
So What are the the steps for making these fabulous Chocolate Gingersnap Bars?
First, grab your spices and measure them into a small dish.
Mix the spices all together, then set aside.
In your food processor bowl, place pitted dates, cacao powder, and melted coconut oil. Process for 1-2 minutes or until dates have a smooth texture.
Now add the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, pecans and the spice mix.
Pulse until everything is well combined but be sure to leave some texture! Those chunky bits are great.
Pour the mixture into a lined 8X8 pan.
Press firmly with your fingertips to compact the bar mixture to about ¾ inch. Place in the freezer for an hour.
Remove from the freezer and cut up your lovely bars!! Don't they look just amazing??!!!
Keep them in the refrigerator or freezer to enjoy guilt-free bliss whenever you like! Absolutely delightful and approved by my littles also!
First thoughts on tasting these:
- Gently spicey
- Totally addictive in the healthiest sort of way
How long will these bars keep?
You can store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to four months!
If you are interested in finding out more about the cookbook this recipe came from, be sure and visit the authors info page for more info! It's an amazing resource and would make an awesome gift!
Thanks for joining me and I hope you try these yummy bars!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Vegan chocolate popcorn balls
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Epic Vegan Jerky
- Easy Buttermilk Vegan Biscuits!
If you’ve tried these Vegan Chocolate Gingersnap Bars or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Vegan Chocolate Gingersnap Bars
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 ¼ cups Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecans
- In a small bowl mix together spices and salt. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil, cacao, and pitted dates to food processor bowl and blend until dates are smooth, about 1 minute.
- Now add nuts, seeds, and spice mix and pulse until well mixed but retains texture! (The chunky pieces are great!)
- Pour bar mixture into lined 8X8 dish and use fingertips to press firmly to ¾ inch thick. Sprinkle the top with extra nuts and seeds if desired.
- Place bars in the freezer for an hour, cut into squares and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator or freezer.