This super creamy vegan broccoli and ‘cheese’ soup is just the kind of soul food everyone needs to enjoy on a regular basis!! You won’t miss the dairy in this cashew-cream based soup! Takes just a few minutes to prep!
It’s true. I really do love broccoli – besides being tasty and beautiful, it’s outrageously healthy! Did you know that Broccoli is so loaded with Vitamin K & C that it’s called a Superfood? Yeah!! And now you have a new way to make this wonderful veggie completely irresistible!
What do you need to make this yummy Vegan Broccoli Soup?
- a cup of peeled baked or boiled potato
- vegan chicken-style seasoning – I make my own or (I often use vegan McKay’s Chicken Style Broth)
- nutritional yeast flakes
- light miso paste
What are the steps to make Vegan Broccoli and ‘Cheese’ Soup?
Start by measuring out your raw cashew pieces into a colander.
Rinse them under hot running water for a couple minutes or let them soak in HOT water for 5 minutes, then rinse and drain.
Add two cups of water and rinsed cashews to your blender.
Blend until completely smooth!
Now add everything else except for the broccoli and blend until smooth!
Also add your cup of peeled/cooked potato and blend until smooth!
In a medium sized sauce pan steam bite-sized pieces of broccoli in two cups of water for just a couple minutes!
See how the broccoli has turned bright green? It’s still crispy, and that’s perfect, because it will cook more when you add the cream sauce!
Now add the cream sauce and stir over medium heat until thickened!
Serve warm with a garnish of vegan cheese, shredded carrots, croutons, or whatever else your heart desires!
Light Miso paste helps add a ‘cheesy’ flavor. Don’t confuse this with dark Miso, whose flavor is MUCH stronger and would dominate the soup!
Don’t have vegan chicken stock on hand? Make your own Vegan Chicken Style Seasoning or in a pinch, sub with basic vegetable stock.
Make a little extra when you bake or boil potatoes earlier in the week. Then you’ll have extra to quickly peel and use to make this yummy soup!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- DIY Vegan Chicken-style Broth/Powder
- Smoky Veggie Mushroom-Oat Burger (Gluten-free)
- Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
- Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Best Vegan Egg Salad
If you’ve tried this Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW MEon FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Vegan Broccoli and 'Cheese' Soup
- 1 Cup Raw Cashew pieces
- 2 cups Water
Now add to blender:
- 1/4 Cup Flour or 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch for Gluten-free
- 5 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 tbsp Vegan Chicken Seasoning or Vegetable Bullion
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Refined (neutral flavored) coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp White Miso Paste
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt add more to taste after thickening step
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1 cup Potato (peeled and cooked)
In a medium sized saucepan prepare:
- 4 cups Broccoli chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Water
- Measure out your raw cashew pieces into a colander.
- Rinse the cashews under hot running water for a couple minutes or let them soak in HOT water for 5 minutes, then rinse and drain.
- Add two cups of water and rinsed cashews to your blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Now add everything else except for the broccoli to the blender. Blend until smooth!
- In a medium sized sauce pan steam bite-sized pieces of broccoli in two cups of water for just a couple minutes!
- You want the broccoli to turn bright green, but still be quite crunchy. (It will cook more when you add the cream sauce and thicken.) Do NOT drain the broccoli!
- Now add the cream sauce and stir over medium heat until thickened!
- Serve warm with a garnish of vegan cheese, shredded carrots or croutons!