This easy Vegan Refried Bean Dip is loaded with creamy refried beans, homemade vegan nacho cheese, green chilis, and seasonings. Irresistible served room temp or bubbly hot!
If you're into easy homemade dips that can be put together in 5 minutes with no cooking, then this bean dip is for you!
Homemade refried bean dip
There's this canned refried bean dip that you can buy at the grocery store in the chip aisle and I've secretly been in love with it... until this.
This Mexican-inspired refried bean dip is easy to make, healthy, and SO delicious! If you've already got some leftovers of my favorite homemade nacho cheese on hand, then you are only about 5 minutes away from bean dip bliss!
If you don't have homemade nacho cheese, here's a really great cashew queso that will work perfectly in this bean dip, and will still leave you with a little extra vegan nacho cheese dip for snacking, even after you make this bean dip!
Serve with baked chipotle chili tortilla chips and enjoy!
More vegan bean recipes: Vegan Meatballs (Soy-Free!)
How to make refried bean dip
Grab a bowl. Add one can of vegan refried beans (or use 2 cups of homemade!), nacho cheese (make my homemade recipe or buy some here), canned fire roasted diced green chilis, and a mixture of seasonings that work together like homemade taco seasoning - chili powder, garlic and onion powder, crushed red pepper, dried cumin, and salt (Photo #1).
Mix it all together until well combined (Photo #2)!
Top with pico de gallo for garnish if you like and serve with a generous helping of corn tortilla chips!
This dip is best served at room temp or oven hot. To heat, place dip mixture in oven safe dish and cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
Related recipe: Mango Pico de Gallo
Store in the refrigerator for up to five days in a covered container, or in the freezer for up to 3 months! Freeze in personal portions for an easy on-the-go lunch addition!
You might also enjoy:
- Making your own pinto beans from scratch in the slow cooker
- A side of Vegan Mexican Rice
- Garnish with Mexican Cabbage Salsa
- Fun and simple Vegan Black Bean Taquitos
- Jackfruit tacos
- Vegan tamales
- Best easy guacamole
- Vegan blender salsa
- Black bean salad
- Vegan black bean soup
- Vegan tofu and black bean tacos
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you got on in the comments below - I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes and food inspiration!!
Did you make this recipe? Please click on the stars to rate it below!
Vegan Refried Bean Dip
- 16 oz canned refried beans, or about two cups homemade
- ⅔ cup vegan nacho cheese sauce, (see notes)
- 4 oz canned fire roasted diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or a dash of cayenne pepper
- Grab a bowl. Add one can of veg refried beans (or use 2 cups of homemade!), vegan nacho cheese sauce, canned fire roasted diced green chilis, and seasonings - chili powder, garlic and onion powder, crushed red pepper, dried cumin, and salt.
- Mix it all together until well combined! Top with pico de gallo for garnish if you like and serve with a generous helping of corn tortilla chips!
- This dip can be served at room temp or oven hot. To heat, place dip mixture in oven safe dish and cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
Questions? Feedback? I love to hear from you!