Who loves salsa?? You, me and everybody else, right?! When you aren't sure what to make for supper, a snack, or a party, make this easy restaurant-style salsa recipe! Homemade blender salsa takes just a couple of minutes and is SURE to make any meal or snack super special!!
Some days I just run out of time, steam, and inspiration. On those days if I can pull it together enough to whip out a jar of this easy salsa recipe, I can still feel like I'm making something fantastic. After all, it TASTES amazing, AND it's a great immune booster with the fresh lemon juice, raw onion, and garlic in it!!
Beware, your family may refuse to eat store-bought salsa anymore!!! All they'll want is your homemade salsa!
Especially if served with homemade tortilla chips!
Related recipe: Mexican Cabbage Salsa
The Steps to make the Best Easy Salsa:
Start by gathering your ingredients. (Photo 1) You'll need:
- 1 14 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chillies
- 1 Small onion - or about ½ cup roughly chopped onion
- ¼ C. Cilantro (loosely packed)
- 1 Garlic Clove (yes just one is fine!)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- For extra kick you could add a few slices of canned or fresh jalapeño pepper
Place everything in the blender as you measure it out and open the cans. (Photo 2)
Now put the lid on the blender (yes, we've all left it off a time or two!) and PULSE your blender. That's like mini-stop/starts if your blender doesn't have the pulse option. This will help things mix up in the blender and also keep your salsa just a bit chunky. When you are happy with the texture of the salsa (Photo 3), pour it into a serving bowl or jar and enjoy (Photo 4)!
And there you have it!! My favorite Best Easy Salsa Recipe! Everyone I've EVER fed this salsa to just loves it, and I hope you will too!!
Some of my other Mexican-inspired dips and snacks:
- Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Vegan Mexican Rice and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
- Vegan Refried Beans
- Black Bean Taquitos
If you’ve tried this Salsa recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Mom’s Best Salsa
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes w/green chilis
- ¼ cup Cilantro, not packed
- ½ cup Small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- Assemble your ingredients, pop them in the blender and pulse until mostly pureed. Voila!! Grab chips and taste test!
- Yeild: Approximately 1 quart of Awesome Salsa