Simple and creamy, this easy vegan gravy recipe comes together in about 5 minutes and is rich and full – the perfect complement to mashed potatoes, vegan seitan steaks, biscuits, or just about anything you can dream of!
One of the most beautiful attributes of this gravy is that there’s no lumps! Not ever!!! Since you’re blending the base, it’s ultra smooth to start with and naturally lump (and worry) free!
What you need for this awesome vegan gravy:
- Braggs (a flavorful alternative to soy sauce that is gluten free and lower in sodium)
- onion and garlic powder
- cornstarch or flour
This vegan gravy is made without oil and can be made without flour – just choose the cornstarch option in the recipe card!
How to make Vegan Gravy:
First, gather all your ingredients (cashews, Braggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and flour or cornstarch) and place them in the blender with one cup of water.
Blend until smooth, add another cup of water, and pour gravy into medium saucepan.
Whisk gravy over medium heat until thickened.
Remove from heat and serve after cooling a bit! (see it steaming in the photo!)
Expert Cooking Tip:
If you think your gravy is a bit thin to start with, please note that it tends to thicken a bit as it cools, so it’s nice not to have it super-thick to start with!
This Vegan Gravy is perfect for:
If you’d like to prep this gravy ahead of time:
I often blend all the ingredients together and store in a Mason jar in the refrigerator. That way I can just pull the jar out, pour the gravy in the pan, and thicken it up in just a couple of minutes! The gravy will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan gravy as much as my family does!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Easy Buttermilk Vegan Biscuits
- Tender Vegan Steaks
- Tofu-Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- REAL Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
If you’ve tried this Easy Vegan Gravy or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Easy Vegan Gravy
- 2 cups water divided
- 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces
- 2 Tbsp Braggs or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Flour or Cornstarch for Gluten free
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Blend all ingredients with one cup of water until completely smooth
- Add second cup of water and pour blender contents into medium sized saucepan
- Heat over medium heat, whisking continuously until thickened.
- (Add up to 1/2 cup extra water if thinner gravy is desired.)Serve!