It’s love at first taste with these delicious baked potato wedges! This easy and healthy recipe seasons red potato wedges with smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder, chives and imitation bacon, tosses them with olive oil and bakes them to crispy perfection in the oven!
What you’ll need to make these amazing vegan baked potato wedges:
- Red potatoes – my favorite for texture and color, but others work well too.
- Smoked paprika – if you don’t have ‘smoked’ paprika, it’ll still be great with plain paprika.
- Onion powder, garlic powder, and salt – gotta get the flavor in!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – the depth of flavor added by ‘extra virgin’ is real!
- Baco Bits (most varieties are vegan, but be sure to check the ingredients!) and dried chives
How to make baked potato wedges:
Scrub your potatoes and then cut them in half lengthwise.
Take the halves and slice them lengthwise each into thirds or fourths.
Expert cooking tip:
For crispy potato wedges, try to keep the thickness of the slices at or under 1/2 inch. Also, if they are fairly uniform in size, they’ll bake at the same speed.
Toss your potato wedges, seasonings, and olive oil together until the potatoes are well coated.
Pour the potato wedges out on a pan-sprayed baking sheet, making sure that they are not stacked on top of one another – a little space helps them crisp up better!
Folks, when these potato wedges are done baking, there is nothing that’s gonna stop me from eating them!!! They are simply fabulous and everyone (vegan or not) simply swoons over them!
You might enjoy serving these baked potato wedges with:
- Best Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Vegan ‘Egg’ Salad – Tofu and Chive
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Vegan Eggy Mayo
If you’ve tried these crisp Baked Potato Wedges or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- 6 cups Red potatoes wedges
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tbsp Baco Bits Vegan
- 3 Tbsp Chives Fresh or dried
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475 and prepare baking tray with pan spray or a brush of olive oil.
- Wash and wedge potatoes. Cut up to 1/2 inch at thickest side.
- Sprinkle all seasonings (including imitation Bacon bits and chives) over potatoes, add olive oil and mix well.
- Spread potato wedges over tray as evenly as possible, avoiding overlap.
- Bake for approx 25-28 minutes, turning once if desired. Fork test for tenderness, and adjust bake time as needed. Enjoy!!!
Expert cooking tip:For crispy potato wedges, try to keep the thickness of the slices at or under 1/2 inch. Also, if they are fairly uniform in size, they'll bake at the same speed.