These amazing roasted baby potatoes are smothered in garlic sauce, coarse salt, and fresh herbs and then baked to perfection in just a few minutes! A simple and savory side dish that’ll please a crowd!
I don’t know about you, but I love fresh herbs. In the winter I buy them and dream about what I’ll make…and in the summer I plant them! I have a whole herb garden with a huge variety of herbs and the truth is I often forget to use them! But these Roasted Baby Potatoes have made me fall in love all over again with fresh herbs!! So yummy!!!
Why Baby Potatoes?
- Small potatoes don’t need to be peeled or cut (think simple!)
- They cook fast (I’m always outta time!)
- They have a buttery/flaky texture (yum!)
- And they’re cute!!
You can totally adapt the herbs used in this recipe. I pretty much grabbed a handful of what looked and smelled good from my herb garden and went with it. Choose your faves. You’ll need about a chopped quarter cup in total. In the photo above you’ll see I used:
- Rosemary (top left)
- Thyme (top right)
- Parsley (bottom left)
- Sage (bottom right)
Steps for making Roasted Baby Potatoes:
Rinse and chop up your herbs (Photo 1).
Create your garlic oil by blending the garlic and Olive oil in your blender until the garlic is pureed. (Photo 2).
Add rinsed potatoes, garlic oil, chopped herbs and salt together and stir potatoes to coat. (Photo 3 & 4).
Bake em’! Then eat em’!
Depending on the size/volume of your blender, you may not be able to blend only 1/4 cup of oil with the garlic. My blender has a wide base, so I just double the oil and garlic amount and save half for later. It also works great as a spread on french bread, avocado toast, over pasta, etc!
I LOVE Himalayan salt. It’s pink, it’s generally more coarse, and I just think it has more flavor, in addition to all the hype about how healthy it is for you! Those coarse bits just seem to attach themselves perfectly to the skin of the potatoes adding a hint of salty now and then!
Hope you enjoy making these easy and yummy Roasted Baby Potatoes!!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
If you’ve tried this Roasted Baby Potatoes recipe or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Roasted Baby Potatoes with DIY Garlic Oil and Fresh Herbs
- 3 lbs. Potatoes I use Baby or 'little' potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs such as sage, parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1.5 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse Potatoes.
- Chop up your fresh herbs
- Blend olive oil and peeled garlic cloves until garlic is pureed. (In some wide-base blenders it is necessary to double this amount and save some for later in the fridge!)
- Add potatoes, chopped herbs, garlic oil, and salt into a large mixing bowl and toss together.
- Transfer potatoes to baking tray ensuring all the oil from the bowl comes with them to the tray.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until fork tender, stirring or shaking the tray just a bit to turn the potatoes once about half way through.
- Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, these roasted potatoes are ready to enjoy!!!