Have this amazing and nutritious meal on your table in thirty minutes or less!! Pasta sauce made with Italian diced tomatoes, white Cannellini Beans, baby spinach, and topped with a delicious feta-style marinated tofu!
This meal is the best! So easy to prep, and it turns a carb-favorite meal into a protein-rich entree! Beans are the ultimate healthy pairing for pasta, and these white Cannellini beans have both a nutty flavor and smooth texture you'll crave! Top that with an easy feta-style marinated tofu...and it's love!
What are the steps to make this Tuscan Style Pasta Dish?
First, get the tofu marinating. Drain and lightly press a firm water-packed tofu block. Dice into small (¼ inch) squares. Add seasonings, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, and stir gently to coat.
While the tofu is marinating, go ahead and boil your pasta and prep the Tuscan sauce!
In a large skillet pour 2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, 1 can of Cannellini Beans (rinsed and drained), a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes start to break down a bit.
Now fold in the fresh baby spinach and cook just another minute or two until spinach begins to wilt.
As soon as the spinach has begun to wilt, remove from heat and serve over cooked pasta.
Top with a generous helping of feta-style tofu...and yes, it's so very, very good!!!
What are Cannellini Beans?
Cannellini Beans are white Italian kidney beans, and originate in Italy! Found canned in most grocery stores.
Pro Cooking tip:
The marinated tofu-feta tastes fabulous as a salad topping/dressing, so save any leftovers (or just make another recipe later)!!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Vegan Mexican Pasta Salad
- Real Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Best Vegan Egg Salad
If you’ve tried this Vegan Tuscan Pasta or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Vegan Feta with Spinach, Tomato and White Bean Pasta
- 16 oz Pasta of your choice, cook according to package directions
- 14 oz. Firm Tofu
- 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T. Fresh squeezed Lemon juice
- 1 T. Yeast Flakes
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
Make the Tofu-Feta
- Drain water packed tofu and press gently between hands to drain excess liquid. Dice into ¼ in. chunks.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, yeast flakes, seasonings, and salt. Toss gently to coat, and set aside to marinate while prepping the pasta and sauce.
- Boil water for pasta. Follow directions for cooking pasta while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Into a large skillet add 2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, 1 can of Cannellini Beans (rinsed and drained), extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Now fold the fresh spinach into tomato/bean sauce. Cook for 1-2 more minutes or just until spinach begins to wilt.
- Layer pasta, sauce, and tofu-feta on dinner plate!