This Caprese-Style Chickpea Artichoke Salad comes together in just minutes plus it's full of nutrition and delights the palate with a fresh basil, zesty garlic, vinagrette dressing!
Salads really CAN be tempting; especially when it's a hot summer day and you just need something fresh. But maybe you're not looking for crunchy. You want hearty, nutritious, flavorful - but still light. Just a touch of spicy garlic, a sliver of fresh basil. Let me tell you - this Chickpea Artichoke salad is flavorful, filling, nutritious - and decadent. Simply classy!
Special Ingredient List:
- Grape Tomatoes - any kind of tomatoes will work, but these little tomatoes pack a lot of flavor, AND they hold together well over-time, so making this salad a few hours or even the day ahead is totally ok.
- Canned Artichoke Hearts - just get the plain ones. The marinated ones tend to be too oily and overpower the simple flavors of this dish.
- Fresh Basil - dried just won't do. The flavor of fresh chopped basil really adds to the flavor (and beauty) of this salad.
- Minced Garlic - Love me some fresh Garlic!
Gather your ingredients. Rinse and drain the canned garbanzos, drain the artichoke hearts (Photo 1).
Slice the olives, chop the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces and quarter tomatoes grape tomatoes (Photo 2).
Add chopped fresh basil and fresh minced garlic, salt, oil, and balsamic vinegar. Mix together. Voila! (Photo 3 & 4).
How to eat this salad:
- Right out of the bowl
- On a salty cracker
- On a slice of toasted french bread
- Served on a picnic plate
- Out of a mason jar for lunch
Hope you enjoy this healthy and nutritious, Classy Chickpea Artichoke Salad!!! You might also enjoy:
- Vegan Chickpea Patties
- REAL Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia Drink
- Ginger-Lemon Tahini Dressing with Chopped Salad & Tofu Strips
If you’ve tried this Classy Chickpea Artichoke Salad recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below; I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Caprese-Style Chickpea Artichoke Salad
- 15 oz Can of Garbanzos
- 13.75 oz Can of Artichoke Hearts
- 6 oz Can of Olives
- 2 cups Grape Tomatoes, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- Squeeze of fresh lemon, optional
- Rinse and drain Garbanzos, drain and roughly chop artichoke hearts.
- Slice olives. Mince Garlic. Dice tomatoes.
- Add chopped fresh basil, olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix all together well, let marinate for a few minutes or enjoy immediately.