Asian-style Cucumber Salad with protein-rich Edamame and slivered red onion tossed in a light and simple toasted sesame oil dressing that’ll delight your taste-buds, fill you up, AND use up that summer garden produce!!
This quick and easy summer cucumber salad is SO tasty and takes just a few ingredients and about 10 minutes to put together!
Quick and Easy Cucumber Salad
- Cucumbers – I prefer the long slender English cucumbers but just about any kind will work! If they are thick-skinned perhaps remove a bit of the peeling. It depends on my mood and the cucumber whether I peel or not!
- Red Onion – green spring onions work well too, but this time of year I have red onions growing rapidly in my garden and I love the flavor and color, don’t you?
- Edamame – my kids just dive on this! So yummy and so HEALTHY! If you buy it frozen (like I do), it’s pre-cooked and all you have to do is thaw it a bit on the counter or in the microwave, and you’re good to go!
For the Asian-style Toasted Sesame Dressing you’ll need:
- Salt (I prefer Himalayan Salt)
- Ginger – minced
- Garlic – minced – this tastes AMAZING and is also SUPER great for your immune system!
- Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed
- TOASTED Sesame Oil – Don’t miss the word Toasted – this is SO much better than regular Sesame Oil
Healthy Salad Tip:
Fresh Lemon, Garlic, and Ginger are commonly used in home remedies to combat coughs and colds! You can savor them in this delicious cucumber salad recipe while still enjoying all their health benefits!
Toss all the ingredients into a bowl.
…..and serve! Yum!!!!
Well I hope you enjoy this light and simple Asian-Style Cucumber Salad with it’s zippy-zesty-immuneboosting dressing!!
You might also enjoy:
- REAL Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade Chia Drink
- Ginger-Lemon Tahini Dressing with Chopped Salad & Tofu Strips
If you’ve tried this Asian-Style Cucumber Salad recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below; I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Asian Cucumber Salad with Edamame
This yummy summer salad combines sliced cucumbers, red onion, and protein-packed edamame with a light and zesty ginger, garlic, and toasted sesame oil dressing!!
- 3 C Cucumber sliced thinly
- 2 C Edamame frozen/thawed
- 1/4 C Red onion slivered
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Minced Ginger about 1 inch root piece
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Minced Garlic about 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp Salt
Wash and peel cucumber as desired. Sliver cucumber and red onion thinly. Add to med sized bowl.
Peel and mince fresh Ginger and Garlic. Squeeze fresh lemon. Add all dressing ingredients to veggie salad bowl and mix well! Enjoy!
If you're planning to make this salad ahead or keep it in the fridge overnight, you may want to remove excess moisture from the cucumbers to keep the salad from going too watery.
Slice your cucumbers and sprinkle with the recommended tsp salt. Toss and then let sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Drain any excess moisture and then proceed with the recipe as normal, holding any further salt until you taste test!