Asian-style Cucumber Salad with protein-rich Edamame and slivered red onion tossed in a light and simple toasted sesame oil dressing that'll delight your taste-buds, fill you up, AND use up that summer garden produce!!
This quick and easy summer cucumber salad is SO tasty and takes just a few ingredients and about 10 minutes to put together!
Related recipe: Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
- Cucumbers - I prefer the long slender English cucumbers but just about any kind will work! If they are thick-skinned perhaps remove a bit of the peeling. It depends on my mood and the cucumber whether I peel or not!
- Red Onion - green spring onions work well too, but this time of year I have red onions growing rapidly in my garden and I love the flavor and color, don't you?
- Edamame - my kids just dive on this! So yummy and so HEALTHY! If you buy it frozen (like I do), it's pre-cooked and all you have to do is thaw it a bit on the counter or in the microwave, and you're good to go!
Related recipe: Vegan Stuffed Avocado
For the Asian-style Toasted Sesame Dressing you'll need:
- Salt (I prefer Himalayan Salt)
- Ginger - grated
- Garlic - grated - this tastes AMAZING and is also SUPER great for your immune system!
- Lemon Juice - fresh squeezed, this makes all the difference in flavor!
- TOASTED Sesame Oil - Don't miss the word Toasted - this is SO much better than regular Sesame Oil. This is my favorite brand - it's a great price for a nice sized bottle of the tastiest sesame oil
Easy prep tip: Use a microplane zester (such as this one) to grate the ginger and then the garlic. It's super easy, and the garlic helps press the ginger bits out of the zester.
Healthy Salad Tip:
Fresh Lemon, Garlic, and Ginger are commonly used in home remedies to combat coughs and colds! You can savor them in this delicious cucumber salad recipe while still enjoying all their health benefits!
Toss all the ingredients into a bowl.
... and serve! Yum!!!!
Well I hope you enjoy this light and simple Asian-Style Cucumber Salad with it's zippy-zesty-immune boosting dressing!!
You might also enjoy:
- Vegan egg roll in a bowl
- Vegan cashew celery stir fry with pineapple
- Vegan fried rice
- Vegan Mexican quinoa salad
- Ginger-lemon tahini dressing with chopped salad & tofu strips
If you’ve tried this Asian-Style Cucumber Salad recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below; I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
Asian Cucumber Salad with Edamame
- 3 C Cucumber , sliced thinly
- 2 C Edamame, frozen/thawed
- ¼ C Red onion, slivered
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Minced Ginger, about 1 inch root piece
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Minced Garlic, about 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and peel cucumber as desired. Sliver cucumber and red onion thinly. Add to medium sized bowl.
- Peel and grate the fresh Ginger and Garlic. Squeeze fresh lemon. Add all dressing ingredients to veggie salad bowl and mix well! Enjoy!