This Vegan Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry is an absolutely dreamy recipe that requires little effort on your part! Throw (almost literally) a few ingredients together, set your Instant Pot or slow cooker and walk away!
Two options for Hands-off Cooking:
I'm including directions in the recipe at the end of this post for both slow-cooking or electric pressure cooking options.
- Want to prep early for a meal 4-6 hours later? Use the Slow-cooker directions for either a traditional Crockpot or use the slow-cooker function on your Instant Pot.
- Want something FAST? Use the pressure cooker Instant Pot directions to make this recipe in just minutes.
Why Make this Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry Recipe:
- It's FREE of refined fats! - Canned coconut milk is it's base and it's oh SO creamy without any oils!
- It's a little spicy but not HOT! - Crushed red pepper flakes add just a little kick without taking it over the top. (My three littles will scoop it up so I know it's not too spicy!
- It's another yummy way to eat Chickpeas! - (Otherwise known by the more boring name garbanzos. 😉 ) Such a great protein and way to fuel your body!
- It's simple - requires little effort with great results.
- IT TASTES SO GOOD! - I crave this stuff!
Steps to make Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry Recipe:
Chop up your veggies, add frozen peas and add to your Instant pot or slow cooker bowl (Photo 1).
Add drained Chickpeas, spices, coconut milk, and veggie broth (Photo 2).
Stir it all together and slow cook or pressure cook (Photo 3).
Chop up fresh basil and add to your curry. It wilts in beautifully adding a lovely depth of flavor! (Photo 4). Serve over a bed of rice with extra fresh basil as a garnish if you like!
When you drain your cans of chickpeas, SAVE the juice!! It's called Aquafaba and whips up like egg whites! It can be used in many recipes including my kids favorite Easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse! Chickpeas for dinner and chickpea juice for dessert!! Who would've thought!!???
I'm super excited for you all to try this simple yet delicious recipe!!! Happy curry-making and ask me any questions in the comments!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
If you’ve tried this Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry recipe or any other recipe on my blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
Chickpea Curry (Slow Cooker)
- 1 C. Chopped Carrots
- 4 C. Cauliflower Florets
- 1 C. Frozen Peas
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 2 14.oz. Cans Chickpeas, drained/rinsed
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 ½ tsp. Yellow Curry Powder
- ½ tsp. Ground Coriander
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper flakes
- 2 C. Vegetable Broth
- 1 14 oz Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Himalayan or Sea Salt
Add at the end of cooking:
- ¼ C. Finely Chopped Fresh Basil
- Place all ingredients except the fresh basil into the slow cooker. Stir together.
- Cook in standard Slow Cooker for approx 4 hours on High (using a basic crock-pot low vs high options) or 6+ hours on LOW. (If using the Instant Pot slow-cooker function, cook for 4 hours.)
- If using an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, choose Manual High Pressure and set for 3 minutes. Allow natural release for 10 minutes.
- Before serving remove 1 cup of mixture and mash with a fork. Return mashed portion to crockpot and add chopped fresh basil.
- Serve over a bed of rice and sprinkle with roasted cashews if desired.
- This IS soul food!