Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread (or muffins!) that is a real TREAT! Moist & fluffy! It's such a perfect texture that it's a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike!
Unbelievable Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread starts with just one very simple ingredient that seems to abound in the kitchen - well at least my kitchen!
And that is OVER-RIPE bananas. You know, the REALLY spotty ones, that you're like 'I gotta do something with these, now!'
Bananas always seem to ripen in my house WAY to fast!! I'm not sure if it's because:
- I like it warm
- I buy too many bananas
- I'm just imagining things
But at least I know just what to do with them! Make this yummy Vegan Banana Bread (or muffins)!!
More vegan sweet breakfast recipes: Vegan Apple Sticky Buns
Related recipe: Vegan Lemon Loaf
And just so you know, SPOTTY bananas are the best for this recipe. We don't want any bananas on the verge of wine, but when they are good and ripe, they are at their sweetest and thus just perfect for mashing up to make awesome vegan banana bread that is:
- Chocolatey (if you choose!)
AND it is not identifiably VEGAN. (No ONE will believe you.)
Here's the steps for making the best Vegan Banana Bread:
Grab 2-3 very ripe bananas and mash them with a fork to create a full cup of creamy banana. (Pics 1&2)
Create your vegan buttermilk by mixing almond milk with vinegar and also stir flax seed meal with water to create Vegan Egg. (Pic 3)
Mix all wet ingredients together: mashed banana, vegan buttermilk, flax egg, and oil. (Pic 4). Also measure and mix all your dry ingredients together (Pics 5 & 6).
Mix dry and wet ingredients together, stirring just until mixed. (Pic 7) Measure out nuts and chocolate chips (if using) and fold into batter (Pics 8 & 9).
Prepare Baking pans or muffin pans with pan spray or muffin liners and fill with divided batter. Bake until light golden brown. Let cool a bit in the pan and then continue cooling on wire racks until completely cooled and ready to serve. You can even slather with vegan cream cheese icing if you like (am I taking it too far?!)!
Unbelievable! Trust me!
How long does Vegan Banana Bread last?
You can cover your vegan banana bread and leave it on the counter overnight, but then place in a bag in the refrigerator for up to five days. You can also freeze it for up to two months to enjoy the delectable goodness later!
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I LOVE hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what this blueberry farm girl is keepin’ busy doing!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS TO GIVE IT A RATING BELOW!!
The Best Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ C. Flour
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 C. Mashed Bananas, Takes 2-3
- ½ C. Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed Meal , Mixed with 6 tbsp. water
- ⅓ C. Soy Buttermilk, ⅓ C. Soy milk w/ 1 teaspoon vinegar Mix well, let set 5 min.
- ½ C. Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- ½ C. Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare two 4X8 Bread Pans with pan spray.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: Mashed bananas, oil, soy buttermilk and flax eggs in medium mixing bowl.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: Flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chopped nuts and chocolate chips (if using).
- Pour into two 4X8 Baking pans prepared with pan spray.
- Bake at 325 for 45 Minutes until light browning and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- After removing from baking pan, let it rest for at least 15-30 minutes before trying to cut. Once it is cooled it cuts SO much better, I promise. I know it’s hard to wait!!