Granola should be called the
breakfast meal of champions!! I mean, after all that’s what it is! Yummy oats combined with power packed nuts and seeds that are toasted and ready to give you super-energy (I definitely need that right now!) Yeah, it’s the fancier, healthier version of a help-yourself breakfast. At my house we use it to dress up smoothies, cover oatmeal, create parfaits, or (mostly) just eat it straight from the bowl with our favorite non-dairy milk. Hey, it’s even good as a snack – except the kids are too messy with it when it’s dry!! 😉
When I threw these ingredients together the first time, I wasn’t going for anything super special. Just the daily granola. But then I took a bite and was like, “This tastes like pecan pie!” Well, not exactly, but ohhh soo good! I made a couple of variations after that, and this one was voted the favorite. Perfect for holiday company – you can have this made ahead and ready to go!
For the coconut in this recipe, I used the fancy shredded coconut that you find in the regular baking part of your local grocery store. Non-sugar options are also readily available if you want to go totally refined sugar-free; however I guess I’m just a bit partial to this kind. 😉
Hubby found me the last little bottle of natural maple flavor available out our Natural Grocery store in town (I know! I was stoked). I do think this ingredient adds a nice extra kick of flavor without needing to increase the amount of maple syrup (and ultimately more sweetener!!) added to the granola!
Well peeps, I think that about is all you need to know aside from the recipe found below! As always, would love to hear what you think after you try it, and check out my Good Morning Granola if you are looking for a very berry option!
Pecan Pie Granola
This Meusili Style Granola is loaded with Pecans and seeds and flavored with Maple to give you a breakfast pecan pie experience - without the guilt!
- 4 C. Rolled Oats
- 1 C. Pecan pieces roughly broken
- 1 C. Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 C. Flax seeds
- 1 1/2 C. Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt or reg. Sea salt
- 1/3 C. Canola Oil
- 1/2 C. Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Natural Maple Syrup Flavor
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Just measure all your dry ingredients into one bowl and mix well.
- Measure all wet ingredients into another smaller bowl and whisk well before adding wet ingredients to the dry!
- Bake on a rimmed baking tray (use parchment paper if you like) for 15 minutes. Check and stir granola and replace in the oven for approximately another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let granola cool before transferring to an air-tight container. Hide it somewhere away from hungry little people or it will be gone before you know it!! ????
Easy as pie!! ????