We all need a in-a-hurry muffin recipe for a light supper, breakfast extra, or snack. To be honest, this was my third batch of muffins in two days. Yeah, I was planning them for something, but the kids and I ate them all last night. 😉 Oh, Nana was here too. Maybe we can blame it all on her. 😉 J.k. Anyway, these are good and quick and really pretty guilt free, so I made more today!!! 😉 Only a quarter cup of granulated sugar and the same of oil? Let’s make them
every day often!
If you cut them while still warm, and put a little pat of earth balance in the middle there…ahhh…you better have a small army there to help you, or you will. eat. them. all. Seriously.
I think Almond extract and I are long time buddies. Not sure if it’s actually the flavor or the aroma, but it makes me swoon. There’s vanilla in these too, because that just makes everything yummier, but feel free to leave either out if you aren’t an extract lover.
Also, the little sprinkles you see in the picture, it’s just some sparkling sugar I had on hand that I sprinkled on before baking. Makes it pretty and even tastier… I made some with and some without and you can guess which ones the kids wanted. 😉
Yup, there they are, ready and waiting to be devoured! Happy baking friends!
Quickie Blueberry Almond Muffin
- 1 C. Unbleached White Flour
- 1 C. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Flax Eggs 1 Tbs. ground flax mixed well with 3 Tbs. water = 1 egg Mix well, let set 5 min.
- 1/2 C. Soy Milk
- 1/4 C. Canola Oil
- 1/4 C. Applesauce
- 1/4 C. Agave
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Flavor
- 1 1/2 C. Frozen Blueberries fresh works great too
- 1/2 C. Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Mix together flax egg (use cold water) as directed and set aside.
- Measure and mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in second smaller bowl. Add flax egg to wet ingredients and then gently mix all wet ingredients intro dry. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in blueberries and slivered almonds and spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until just slightly golden and top of muffin bounces back to touch.