This Cauliflower is a favorite staple at our house. The kids just gobble this. And it’s SO easy. I mean embarrassingly easy. 😉 Your guests are sure to ask how you made it. You can just keep them in suspense, ok? Smile and nod….
The key to the gentle cheesy taste is the nutritional yeast flakes. I won’t digress too much on their wonder as a health food since I’ve already touched on their magnificent attributes in other posts, but suffice it to say that the taste plus the vitamins it provides makes it a vegan super-power. 😉
I love that baking stuff is so easy. Stick it in, set a timer ( a definite must for me) and walk away to
change a dirty diaper care for my darlings, or give my attention to other parts of the meal (wait can’t we just live on cauliflower?). 😉 I’m digressing again. But, the point is, you gotta try this recipe. You’ll be hooked. Yum, yum.
Easy Cheesy Baked Vegan Cauliflower
A family favorite Cauliflower side dish! I think if they could make a meal out of this, they would!
- 1.5 lb. Cauliflower (or approx 1 Head)
- 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt or to taste
- 2 T. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare baking sheet by spraying with pan spray or oil with pastry brush.
- Remove leaves and large part of core from Cauliflower head.
- Break into large bite sized pieces in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and seasonings over cauliflower, pour olive oil over all.
- Toss well to coat.
- Spread somewhat evenly on baking sheet (I just pour it all on there and shake the sheet a bit to even things out.) ????
- Slide it into your preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.